The Digital Ground Resistance Tester Model 6472 is a portable measurement instrument designed to measure Bond Resistance, Ground Resistance (with and without clamps), Soil Resistivity, Earth Coupling, Step & Touch Potential.
When used in combination with the GroundFlex® Adapter Model 6474 (factory supplied product only), Power Transmission Tower and Tower Leg Ground Resistance testing is also available.
The Model 6472 measures from 0.01 to 99.99kΩ and is auto-ranging, automatically seeking out the optimum measurement range, test frequency and test current. The adjustable test frequency (either manual or automatic) from 40 to 5078Hz test voltage provides rejection of high levels of interference, allowing it to be used under difficult conditions such as the presence of high stray currents that normally affect accuracy.
Up to 512 test results can be stored in internal memory for later recall to the display or downloaded to a PC using DataView® software (included) for Automatic Report Generation, Automatic Fall-of-Potential Plot Generation, Frequency/Resistance Plots and much more.
- 4-Pole (4-Point) Fall-of-Potential measurement for very low resistance measurements with manual or automatic frequency selection and automatic lead compensation
- 3-Point Fall-of-Potential measurement
- 3-Point earth coupling measurement
- Manual or automatic frequency scan from 40 to 513Hz for test accuracy in electrically noisy environments
- Earth coupling testing
- Selectable test voltage 16 or 32V up to 250mA test current
- 4-Point soil resistivity measurement with automatic calculation of Rho and user selection of Wenner or Schlumberger test method
- 2- and 4-Wire DC resistance measurement (Bond testing) with automatic polarity reversal
- Ground Resistance with 2 clamps (no auxiliary rods)
- Ground Resistance of Pylons with the GroundFlex® Adapter Model 6474 and GroundFlex® sensors allow the system to measure leakage current and ground resistance of tower legs without disconnecting the overhead ground conductor.
- Includes DataView® software for data storage, real-time display, analysis, report generation and system configuration
- Auto-off power management
- Automatic recognition of all electrode connections and their resistance value
- Stores up to 512 complete test results in internal memory
- Optically isolated USB communication
- Rechargeable NiMH batteries from wall charger or vehicle power
- Rugged dustproof and rainproof field
- 3-Point measurements of resistance to ground of ground rods and grids. 3-Point measurements are used when electrode or grid can be easily disconnected.
- 4-Point tests or soil resistivity measurements. Locating areas of lowest soil resistivity is essential for achieving an economical grounding installation.
- Touch and step potential testing measurements. These tests are recommended when the ground cannot be disconnected, where ground faults are highly likely to occur, or when the “footprint” of grounded equipment (the outline of the part of equipment in contact with earth) is comparable to the size of the ground to be tested.
- 2- or 4-Wire tests for continuity tests on bonding or on grounding systems. Test is a DC resistive test using 250mA or more and is used to check bonding of all connection points on the ground system.
- Earth coupling measurement and display. Used to estimate the influence of two earth resistance systems that are not connected to each other.
SEW 4234ER Ground Resistance Tester
Sonel MRU-105 Multifunction Ground Resistance Tester
Sonel MRU-200 Multifunction Ground Resistance Tester
HT Italia GEO 416 Hand Held Ground Resistance Tester
AEMC 4620 - 4 pole Ground Resistance Tester
AEMC 4630 Digital Ground Resistance Tester
AEMC 6470-B Multifunction Digital Ground Resistance Tester
AEMC 6471 Multifunction Digital Ground Resistance Tester