The AEMC 6255 is a robust and accurate 10A low resistance tester (micro-ohmmeter) designed for use both in the field and for plant maintenance. Utilising a four wire kelvin method of testing low resistance, the AEMC 6255 is extremely accurate, with results to within a tolerance of 0.05%.
Designed to conduct tests on a variety of materials, the AEMC 6255 can test both resistive and inductive materials, with the user able to select the type of test from the front panel. Three different test modes can be easily selected, to take into account the properties of different applications when conducting low resistance testing:
Resistive (instantaneous) Test-
The AEMC 6255 will start the test as soon as the test leads are connected and the START/STOP button is depressed. Current is applied to the sample being tested and the connections are checked. The result is displayed on the LCD screen immediately.
Inductive (continuous) Test-
If the load being measured is inductive, it is necessary for the voltage to stabilise for an accurate measurement to be taken. In this mode, the test leads are connected and the START/STOP button is depressed to start the measurement. A current is applied and the AEMC 6255 waits for the voltage to stabilise to a certain range. Over time the resistance reading will also stabilise and once the user is satisfied with the result, the test can be terminated by once again depressing the START/STOP button.
Auto (Repetitive) Test-
In auto mode, the requirement to depress the START/STOP button is removed, making this an ideal mode for hands free testing. In this mode, the AEMC 6255 will start the test as soon as as the probes make contact with the test sample. The auto mode is ideal for testing when using double hand spike test leads. Each time the probes are removed from the sample, and touched onto another sample, a new test is performed.
When testing is complete, up to 1,500 test results can be stored into the memory and downloaded to a PC for analysis and report generation, with the included DataView software program. The AEMC 6255 can conduct up to 5,000 tests at 10A from it's internal rechargeable battery, and can test up to 60 minutes at 10A output, meaning that the AEMC 6255 is capable of performing long measurement cycles. Measurements can be initiated from the front panel, or alternatively remote measurements via the communication port (trigger) can also be performed.
- Measure from 1µΩ (0.1µΩ resolution) to 2500.0Ω
- Test current selection of 1mA, 10mA, 100mA, 1A and 10A
- Tests up to 60 minutes at 10A
- RTD temperature probe to check tested sample (optional)
- Selectable metal types
- Automatic and manual temperature correction
- Built in circuit filters out AC signals
- Two programmable alarm set points
- Stores up to 1500 test results
- Selectable inductive or resistive test modes
- Automatic multiple test mode (multiple tests without pressing the test button)
- Large multi-line electroluminescent display
- Local or remote test setup and control
- Internal rechargeable batteries conduct up to 5000 – 10A tests
- Rugged, double insulated waterproof case
- Includes RS-232 to USB 2.0 cable and mains power cable
- Remote measurement vis communication port is possible
- Includes FREE DataView® software for data storage, real-time display, analysis and report generation
- Plant maintenance, quality control & field use
- Aerospace metallic coating resistance measurement
- Bonding resistance measurement of motors and transformers
- Bonding verification on earth/ground systems
- Weld joint integrity verification
- Contact resistance measurement of breakers and switchgears
- Aircraft and rail bonding checks
- Wire to terminal connections and resistance checks
- Battery strap resistance checks
- Cable joint and bus bar connection checks
- Mechanical bond tests