The Kyoritsu 4106 is 2/ 3/ 4-Wire Digital Ground Resistance Tester, capable of measuring earth resistances and calculating earth resistivities (ρ). The 4106 has a low output voltage of approx or less than 10V RMS and, thus, can be applied to measure earth resistances on power distribution lines, in-house wiring systems and electrical appliances.
The Kyoristu 4106 is specified to measure earth resistances from 0.001Ω to 200 kΩ across six different ranges. The instrument can provide a high test current, up to 80mA, to accommodate a resolution of 0.001Ω on the 2Ω range. Advance filtering is also provided, using a Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) implementation, to reduce noise interference and obtain stable measurements. The measurements can be saved in the memory (up to 800 measurements) and recalled on the display. Saved results can additionally be transferred to a PC via the provided USB adaptor and the included reporting software.
The Kyoristu 4106 comprises three AC current ranges (20mA/200mA/200A), as well as both automatic and manual selection of the test current frequency (94/105/111/128Hz). Earth resisitivity (ρ) can be automaticallly calculated after setting the distance between the auxiliary earth spike (Wenner method).
Featuring a large graphic display with backlight, the Kyoritsu 4106 is designed to withstand tough environments, conforming to an IP54 rating. The meter is supplied with test leads, an auxiliary earth spike set, a USB adaptor with reporting software, batteries and a carry case.
- Earth resistance measurements from 0.001Ω to 200 kΩ.
- High test current up to 80mA yielding resolution of 0.001Ω on 2Ω range.
- Low output voltage (≤ 10V RMS).
- Advanced Filtering method (based on FFT Fast Fourier Transform) to reduce noise interference and obtain stable measurements.
- Automatic and Manual selection of the Test Current Frequency in four bands (94/105/111/128Hz).
- Warning for excessive noise and high Auxiliary Earth Spikes resistance.
- Three AC current ranges 20mA/200mA/200A.
- Auto-power off function.
- In-built memory - save and recall up to 800 measured results.
- Large Graphic Display with backlight for readings in poorly illuminated areas.
- Robust design with IP54 protection.
- Power distribution lines
- In-house wiring systems
- Electrical appliances