The Megger MIT525 insulation resistance tester builds on the specifications of the entry level MIT515 and adds further key features to the design, targeting professional users, such as utility companies, engineers and asset protection specialists and industrial electrical contractors.
Built around the same design as the rest of the Megger 5kV, 10kV and 15kV insulation resistance testers, the Megger MIT525 offers professional insulation resistance testing with up to 5kV test voltages and a maximum resistance of up to 10 TΩ. The MIT525 offers a wide range of testing options and modes, including the standard insulation resistance (IR) test as well as polarisation index (PI) and dielectric absorption ratio (DAR). Additionally the Megger MIT525 also allows the user to select a ramp test mode, where the test voltage is increased sequentially, as well as stepped voltage (SV) and dielectric discharge (DD). Advanced memory storage includes time/date stamping of results, logging of data and recall of results to screen. A fully isolated USB interface is used for safe transfer of data to Megger’s asset management software; PowerDB Pro, Advanced and Lite software packages.
With Megger's MIT525 the user can select from a fixed test voltage of 250V, 500V, 1000V, 2500V or 5000V or alternatively progam a voltage from 100V to 5000V in 10V steps upto 1000V and 25V steps from 1kV to 5kV.
Megger have prioritised productivity and efficiency with the new MIT range of testers and the MIT525, just like all meters in the range offer rapid charge Li-Ion batteries, which enable >60 minutes testing after a 30 minute charge. Li-Ion batteries also offer an advantage over Ni-MH (nickel metal hydride) batteries, as they generally provide higher power levels but also provide superior longevity in most cases.
With a safety rating of CAT IV 600V on all terminals and suitably rated 5kV test leads, the Megger MIT525 is built with operator safety and efficiency as the cornerstone of it's design. Just like the entire MIT series, the MIT525 is built around a dual case design, which includes a tough outer case to protect the tester from drops and knocks and an inner fire retardant case for added protection. With the case closed, the Megger MIT525 has an IP65 rating, preventing moisture and dust ingress.
An intuitive user interface ensures no lost time remembering how to use the tester. Simplicity of operation is achieved with two rotary switches and the large backlight display which enables multiple results to be displayed simultaneously. A graphical quick start guide is provided inside the lid to assist first time users.
Five preset voltage ranges are provided in insulation test mode. Preconfigured diagnostic tests include Polarisation Index (PI), and Dielectric Absorption Ratio (DAR).
- Multiple test modes - IR, timed IR, DAR, PI, DD, SV and ramp diagnostic tests
- Test voltage of up to 5kV in 5 steps
- User selectable voltages of 250V, 500V, 1000V, 2.5kV and 5kV
- Programmable test voltages from 100V to 5kV
- Rapid charge rechargeable Li-Ion battery for up to 6 hours of continuous testing*
- Operates from mains power or battery power
- Measures resistances up to 10 TΩ
- Onboard memory for saving test results with time and date stamping
- On screen recall of test results
- Download saved results to PC via USB interface
- Recorded temperature (measured with other instrument) can be saved with test result
- Supplied with Power DB Lite software
- Safety rating of CAT IV 600V (to 3000m)
- High noise immunity - 3mA of noise rejection
- Large LCD display with backlight
- Dedicated voltmeter function (30V to 660V)
- Capacitance from 10nF to 25 µF (with voltage set above 500V)
- Unique dual case design for additional user protection
- Supplied with double insulated test leads and clamps