The RD500 plastic water pipe locator from Radiodetection makes it possible to locate and trace buried plastic and concrete water pipes which may be under mains pressure, meaning that they cannot be located by using a traditional electromagnetic locator. The RD500 can trace buried plastic water pipes over distances of up to 150 metres from the point of the transmitter connection and allows simple location of buried water pipes in just a few minutes.
This kit is supplied with the electronic TransOnde transmitter, which contains an electronically controlled solenoid, which when switched on, opens and closes creating a pressure wave inside the pipe, allowing it to be located by using the receiver to locate the position of the pipe, by using seismic technology to obtain a visual response as well as an audible signal which can be listened to via a set of plugged in headphones. The electronic TransOnde can be connected to a water tap as long as it is connected to the water mains, either inside or outside, and it is therefore suitable for lower pressure domestic water supplies up to 400 kPa.
The RD500 can locate pipes down to 2 metres in depth, and works best with single pipes buried in soil, but can also be used with pipes buried underneath concrete or pavement, although performance may be reduced. Where there is suitable water pressure and with adequate flow, the receiver is capable of tracing pipes over distances of up to 150 metres.
Supplied as a kit, the RD500 consists of the hand held receiver and an electronic TransOnde transmitter. The electronicTransOnde is easily installed and can be fitted to an inside or outside tap for fast and easy deployment on site.
- Lightweight and hand held receiver with display on top of 1.2 metre long instrument
- Locates buried water pipes up to 150 metres away from transmitter
- Built in headphone jack for audio response
- Rotary ON/OFF and sensitivity control
- Can trace plastic (such as PVC) and non-metallic pressure water pipes
- Electronic TransOnde can easily connect to an inside or outside tap on the water mains
- Suitable for connection to lower pressure domestic water mains systems
- Supplied as a kit with RD500 receiver, electronic TransOnde, tap and hose damper