The new RD7200 precision underground utilities locator kit is Radiodetection's latest offering into the precision locator series, aimed at accurate and fast location of underground cables and pipes. The RD7200 takes several models from the RD7100 series, which were aimed at various industry professionals and rolls them all into one single unit, which is now suitable for all precision locating professionals across a range of various industries.
With seven active locate frequencies, and a range of other features, including three passive modes, strike alert and digital signal processing for class leading sensitivity, the RD7200 is an all industry, no compromise locator designed for every day use in locating underground power cables, telecommunication network cables and buried pipes. In ever increasingly congested infrastructure, it is imperative for an underground utilities locator to keep operators safe, and also to provide both reliable and accurate results.
The RD7200 has a number of features, which have been improved over previous versions of Radiodetection's precision locator range and now has various performance enhancements including:
- Ease of setup and use - The RD7200 is designed to be an out of the box solution, with a simple and familiar interface. The new display is readable even in sunlight, and a new high performance audio system also adds vibration alerts for use even in the noisiest environments.
- Digital Signal Processing - The new RD7200 offers enhanced processing of locate signals for sensitive and accurate results, which also have enhanced reliability, an important feature in highly congested infrastructure.
- Multi Industry Accurate Locating - A higher number of seven active frequencies, three passive modes, depth in active and passive power mode and built in power filters makes the RD7200 a locator suitable for use in all industries - no more industry specific features or frequencies.
- In built protection for operators - Strike Alert warns the operator of live power cables which may be shallow. The new vibration handle means that the RD7200 uses even more methods of alerting the user, even in noisy work sites and drives correct usage through the in-built swing warning system to ensure that locates are accurate and reliable.
- Peak+ mode - Adds the benefit of guidance arrows to guide you to the peak position faster, and then a single button press allows you to check for signal distortion caused by other buried utilities.
The transmitter supplied in the kit is Radiodetection's tried and trusted TX-5 which delivers up to 5 watts of power to actively locate a wide range of underground cables and pipes. The TX-5 is used along with the RD7200 locator to apply a locate signal into a target line, at a specific frequency, allowing you to locate a wider array of buried services. The locate signal can be applied by either direct connection, signal clamping with the included 100mm diameter signal clamp, or by induction where the transmitter is just placed onto the ground and applies a signal to any services within the signal range underground. When using the TX-5 transmitter, it is also possible to use an A frame attachment which allows cable insulation faults in direct buried cables to be pinpointed to an accuracy of approximately 10cms.
- Seven active locate frequencies
- Three passive modes (power, radio & CPS)
- Four sonde frequencies for best in class versatility - locate non-metallic pipes and seweer camera heads
- In built power filters for difficult power cable locates
- Depth in passive power mode and all active modes
- On screen compass in active modes helps to confirm utility direction
- Strike Alert warns the user of shallow power cables
- Various locate modes including Peak+ for fast location and confirmation of signal distortion
- Swing warning system warns the user of excessive locator swing to improve accuracy
- Digital signal processing increases accuracy and reliability of difficult locates
- Improved display is visible even in bright sunlight
- Both lightweight and ergonomic for comfortable, extended use on site
- New vibration alert reduces the chance of missed warnings
- Built in dynamic overload protection ignores electrical interference for locating in difficult environments
- Fault find mode allows for locating cable sheath faults underground to within 100mm using an optional A-Frame
- TruDepth for reliable depth measurements
- On screen signal current measurement for accurate following of the locate signal
- Improved sensitivity for better response on difficult locates
- Apply a locate signal easily by various methods (direct connection, signal clamping or spill induction)
- Supplied in a kit with the TX-5 transmitter, 100mm signal clamp, direct connection leads, USB cable, calibration certificate, user documentation and carry bag