The RD8100PXL underground cable and pipe locator kit from Radiodetection, contains all of the equipment required to start locating underground services and utilities straight out of the bag. Comprising a RD8100PXL locator, a Radiodetection transmitter in either a 1-watt (TX-1), 5-watt (TX-5) or 10-watt (TX-10)option, plus a signal clamp and connection leads, the RD8100PXL kit is an out of the bag option for customers who require a full cable and pipe locator kit with the following specification:
The RD8100PXL underground service locator offers an entry into the latest Radiodetection RD8100 series, for users requiring the features usually found in top of the range precision cable and pipe locators. With 13 active locate frequencies, and 4 different sonde frequencies for tracing in underground ducts and conduits, the RD8100PXL locator also has a further 2 passive modes (power and radio) for tracing buried utilities without the use of a signal transmitter, such as locating a live underground cable. Like all of the locators in the RD8100 range, the RD8100PXL has power filters as standard. These power filters work in power mode when locating a live power cable, by filtering out harmonics to increase the precision of the locator, and potentially locate single power cables in dense infrastructure. Using the supplied RD Manager software, the RD8100PXL can be re-calibrated with just a PC and internet connection by the end user, which alleviates any downtime and saves significant expense and time. This process takes a matter of minutes and gives the option of saving and/or printing a new calibration certificate on the spot.
- 13 active locate frequencies
- 4 sonde frequencies for locating in various pipes and conduit
- 2 passive modes (power and radio)
- Power filters for precise locating of live cables in power mode
- iLOC (Bluetooth) allows remote control of a suitable transmitter (TX-5B or TX-10B)
- e-Cert remote calibration allows self calibration by the user
- Multiple locate modes for greater precision and functionality
- Can be used with various Radiodetection transmitters
- Optional GPS and usage logging avsailable (RD8100PXLG)
- TruDepth for increased depth indication accuracy
- StrikeAlert warns of shallow cables in active and passive modes
- 4kHz frequency for locating telecoms cables, twisted pair or street lighting over longer distances
- Dynamic Overload Protection filters out unwanted electrical interference
- Simultaneous depth and current readout gives confidence that the correct cable or utility is being followed
The TX1 is an easy to use, entry level transmitter. The family of Radiodetection transmitters supports the entire range of Radiodetection cable and pipe locators. All models feature a three stage phase sensitive amplifier that delivers a ground impedance compensated and constant current across its entire bandwidth in direct, connect, clamp or inductive modes. The range is designed to deliver superior performance using minimal power consumption in a lightweight and well balanced format. Multimeter function provides measurement of output voltage, line voltage, current, impedance and power.
- Protected to IP54
- External 12DC operation
- High Contrast LCD screen
- Three Power versions, 1Watt, 3 Watt and 10 Watt
- Batteries 8 x D cell (LR02)
The Tx-1 1 watt transmitter is an easy to use, entry-level, transmitter from Radiodetection. Based on a fully digital platform, the Tx family of Radiodetection transmitters supports the entire range of RD7000+ and RD8000 cable and pipe locators. The Tx-1 is an easy to use, entry-level, transmitter. All models feature a three-stage phase sensitive amplifier that delivers a constant current across its entire bandwidth in direct connect, clamp or inductive modes. The Tx range is designed to deliver superior performance using minimal power consumption in a light weight and well-balanced, format. Based on a fully digital platform, the family of Radiodetection transmitters has been to support the range of Radiodetection RD7000+ and RD8000 cable, pipe and RF marker locators. The Tx-1 is a low power transmitter. The Tx-5 has a higher power capability and the Tx-10 has the highest power capability. The Tx-5 and Tx-10 feature Fault Find as standard. All models feature constant current across their entire bandwidth in either direct connect, clamp or inductive mode. The transmitters are light-weight (6lb / 2.9kg), well-balanced and IP54 rated to cope with demanding environmental conditions. Each model has a removable accessory tray and a weatherproof battery compartment. A large, high contrast, backlit LCD screen provides the user with clear information.